Sunday, January 9, 2011

this give a new meaning to butterflies in the stomach

24 hours.
In 24 hours i'll be boarding a plane for Dublin.
I'm about to put everything into my bag, and get some sleep.

Maybe it would be informative to let you all know that i have never been outside the United States, except to Canada, and a few islands in the Caribbean.
This is a BIG deal for me.
Ever since i started going to school at Champlain i've been thinking about this, and now it's happening. It's hard to believe. Do you know the feeling you have when you're down in the dumps and feeling lousy about life? Well this is the complete opposite of that feeling. I'm just about as excited as i've ever been about anything, and while it is all very nerve racking, i must admit that it's a very cool feeling.
I'm trying not to over think it, but to be honest, that's proving to be very hard to do.
I'm all set, i mean, i have one last errand to run bright and early tomorrow before we leave for JFK, but i'm ready to leave otherwise.
I know deep down somewhere that i just need to relax and try and enjoy tomorrow, but the truth of the matter is that i won't be able to really relax until i've landed and made it through immigration. A Guinness afterwards will probably help.

I can't wait to start taking pictures! The blog will be way better with pictures. Like, way better.

Ok, i think it's time to pack things up and get to bed.
You'll hear from me soon, but i'll see you all in June!

be happy!
Andy








1 comment:

  1. Bon Voyage! You'll love being on the emerald isle this spring!

    ReplyDelete