Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SHAZAM!!!

Well, Andy is in Ireland.

Monday morning i woke up in Saratoga. Mom and Dad drove me down to JFK for a 9pm flight, and 6 hours or so later we landed in Dublin, 3am NewYork time, 8am in Ireland.

I ate pasta for dinner, was given free beer, and 100 Delta dollars because the in-flight movie didn't have sound. Best Julia Roberts movie i've ever seen.

It really couldn't have been easier.
I was really working myself up, but we basically walked through immigration and customs.
The guitar made in one piece, we meet up with Stephen the Champlain Dublin director, and he threw us all in cabs which whisked us away into downtown Dublin and to our apartments.
And now we're here.
I have 8 hours of battery life until i need to find a power adapter, and we have until Thursday morning to recover from jet lag and explore the city on our own before orientation starts.

This is the view from my suite.
It is, may i say, pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing it at night.














I need to meet in the lobby to go on the tour of the neighborhood (and get a Guinness.... no really, that's on the agenda).

be happy
Andy

3 comments:

  1. Looks like plenty of blue sky there (and more snow for us)...we're glad you've arrived safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bro, check out this bike, 75 Euro (the black and silver 21 speed) It looks like it has a rack and fenders, just sayin...

    http://dublin.craigslist.org/bik/2122420077.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Best Julia Roberts movie i've ever seen."

    (awesome)

    ReplyDelete